Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

Once again a day late and a dollar short.  The day after Thanksgiving I came down with some sort of bizarro cold that sucked all the energy out of me.  On the other hand, maybe it was a food coma! :o)  We had a great Thanksgiving, very quiet which is just the way we like it.  Our girl came home from Radford and slid back pretty seamlessly into the house routine.  Art and Karen came down for the holiday and we all kept it pretty low key.
Even the pups enjoyed dinner
I am so thankful for so many things.  I am thankful for children who seem to be growing up into wonderful, kind, thoughtful and fun young adults despite all the incredible parenting errors that were made along the way.  It's a good thing children are so resilient!  I'm thankful for a husband who puts up with me.  I'm thankful that I have wonderful In-laws, that we all get along and enjoy each other's company.  I am so appreciative of all that we have, because we have so much.
I am thankful for a Thanksgiving that only requires me to put a nice shirt on for the pictures and allows me to keep my jammie pants on all day.

Food was good, dishes were done quickly and we all enjoyed each other and the holiday together.  Couldn't have asked for much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment