Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Recipe Night - Chicken Caprese

I know, I know new recipe this, new recipe that... it's all I have to write about.  I could talk about Brenna taking her remedial driving class, I could talk about watching football all weekend or my trials and tribulations turning the cheese on at the high school, or working as cafeteria lady or the lengths I have to go to get Zack to write yet another essay about why he wants to be in the AP Scholars program in high school (I don't think it will reflect favorably if he says "because my mother is making me")...but really do we think those things would be more entertaining than New Recipe Night?  I'm not sure....
Homemade Hyzy version
Plus, we've been on a roll at the Hyzy house and we need to make the most of it.  Cooking is sort of feast or famine for me... I'll go for a spurt where I'll cook almost every night and then the dry spell will hit and it will be corn dogs, cereal and take out for quite some time... so let's make the most of it.
Tonight's feast....
Chicken Caprese
2 Tbsp Mrs Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Blend
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
4 tiny mozzarella balls, cut in half
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
Toss tomatoes and mozzarella balls with 1 Tbsp Mrs Dash seasoning.
Lightly flatten each breast.  Place tomatoes and mozzarella ball mixture on each chicken breast.  Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
Place breasts on baking tray.  Combine olive oil, vinegar and remaining 1 Tbsp Mrs Dash seasoning and brush on each chicken breast.
Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, cover lightly with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
Official version


This was tasty, tasty, tasty and easy, easy, easy.  Of course Zack wouldn't touch it - he had the supremely tasty and fortifying, dinner of champions Ramen noodles for dinner.  The kid lives on ramen, cereal and waffles - it's like he's already in college!

No comments:

Post a Comment