Wednesday, January 18, 2012

To Watch or not to Watch

Geez, I just realized that American Idol starts tonight... the internal debate will rage all day... do I let myself get sucked in and watch again? Or do I stand firm on my morals and convictions and ignore it and watch something worthwhile like Hoarders or Pawn Stars?  The problem is I do love me some Steven Tyler....
But if I let myself watch even one minute of those stupid audition shows, then I get sucked in and I am stuck, trapped and regretting it all season long.  Like when I hide in the basement and eat an entire package of rice crispy treats so that I don't have to share with anyone... regret!  American Idol is like my TV show crack... I can't stop myself, I don't enjoy it and it's not even remotely good for me.
I just don't know what to do... the incessant commercials and ads are tempting and luring me in... I guess we'll just have to see how strong I am tonight at 8pm on channel 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment