Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Recipe Night...otherwise known as MIRACLE NIGHT!

Chip-Crusted Fish Fillets

Official version
My version













A full-fledged, no shit MIRACLE happened tonight.... Zack Hyzy... our Zack Hyzy...not only ate dinner with us and by that I mean ate the SAME dinner we ate... but he... wait for it...wait for it.. HAD FREAKIN' SECONDS!  You heard me... seconds of real food, not seconds of waffles or cereal or Kit-Kat bars.  Seconds of Chip-Crusted Fish Fillets.  I almost choked on my own fish fillet when I looked up and he'd eaten all his and was getting up for more.  For a brief minute I thought maybe we'd taken the wrong kid home after school!

So, all in all... I think Chip-Crusted Fish Fillets is a keeper!  The key... they are crusted with salt and vinegar chips!
Chip Crusted Fish Fillets
4 (6oz) cod fillets - or other firm white fish
2 tsps canola mayo
1/8 tsp salt
1 (2oz) package salt and vinegar chips, crushed
1/2 cup light ranch dressing

Preheat oven to 400.  Arrange fillets on baking sheet and brush 1/2 tsp of mayo over top of each one.  Sprinkle even with salt.  Gently press about 2 Tbsp crushed chips on top of each fillet.  Cook fish for 10 minutes or until it flakes even with a fork.  Serve with ranch dressing.
** try broiling last 2 minutes to brown up the top**  

No comments:

Post a Comment