Friday, February 27, 2015

What a sad, sad day

Today Leonard Nimoy died.  He was 83.  I can't believe Mr. Spock is dead.  Star Trek is and always has been such a part of my life.  I always said Star Trek TOS was like mashed potatoes, a total comfort food.  Something I could watch whenever I didn't want to have to work at paying attention or concentrate.  When I just wanted something to be comforting.   I remember when DeForest Kelley died.  He was the first one of the group to die and I remember thinking, now they can never make another movie, they'll never be altogether again.  The end of an era, and now Mr. Spock is gone.  I feel very sad.  I think I'll be watching a lot of Star Trek in the next couple of days.

When I went to my first, and only Star Trek convention.  Leonard Nimoy was there and I remember I planned on being all cool and collected.  No big deal.  But then I saw him come out on stage and I was giddy as a school girl.  I wanted up jump up and down and scream, I didn't, but I wanted to!  What a sad, sad day.  An amazing Sci Fi Icon!

No comments:

Post a Comment