Monday, December 24, 2012

Twas the night before Christmas...

       Christmas Eve has finally arrived.  This is both the slowest and fastest day of all.  I spent the day cooking for tomorrow's Mt. Burnside Christmas Feast so that I won't have to do anything tomorrow except warm up!  I made Bacon-wrapped Asparagus, Twice Baked Potatoes, Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip and Rolo Pretzel Bites!  It's gonna be awesome.  Other than that it was a quiet day, Zack kept asking for Dramamine so he could sleep the day away and wake up tomorrow!  We playes a wild a weird game of Catan and then did the traditional unwrapping of the gifts from Santa's Elves.  Always new Christmas Pj's so that they'll look cute in pictures.  I thought this was such a brilliant tradition when I thought it up, only to discover that pretty much everyone on the planet opens new Christmas Pj's on Christmas Eve.  I thought I was so original only to discover that I was mistaken, and everyone in the world thought is was a great idea as well.  Sort of like the time when I was 3 and I got a beautiful new doll for my birthday or Christmas and I named her Matilda.  I was so excited because I thought I'd created the name.  Imagined it all by myself, it was my own unique creation - I was so proud of myself.  Until about a week later I heard my Dad singing Waltzing Matlida on his guitar!  Devastation....
 


















 





Anyway, Pj's are opened, pictures are taken and now Santa is waiting patiently for the "little ones" to go to sleep. I tell you it gets harder and harder each year for Santa to out wait the peewees!



No comments:

Post a Comment