Saturday, December 8, 2012

When is it okay to say you're a runner? Do I dare?


I did it!  I survived my first official 5K race!  My friend Jennie Tatum, at the last minute, talked me into running with her, well not "with" her, that's too much pressure, but running in the same race with her.  I wasn't really ready, I haven't finished my 5KTrainer Program, but as we all know, I cave into peer pressure every time!  So, I pulled up my running pants, signed up and off we went.  And I did it!  I had to walk 3-4 times, but never longer than 30sec. I thought it was a tad tough, lots of hills.  My time was 33.58!  I don't know if that's good or bad,  actually... it's good, anything short of finishing DFL (dead fucking last) is good.  It's a PR (personal record) for me, since I haven't run before... anything would be a PR, but I'll take it.  I love my friend Jennie, she, obviously, finished ahead of me and then came back to find me and cheer me on.  Although when she told me I was almost at the finish and I needed to sprint, I wanted to smack her! :O)  I'm very happy I did it, I'm thrilled that I'm done and now the "scary unknown" part is over and I can proceed with my 5K resolution.  Next up... Frozen 5K - Jan 6th!

No comments:

Post a Comment