Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Words aren't enough

It's taken a few days for me to process the horror that happened on Dec 14th at Sandy Hook Elementary school.  The heartbreaking sadness for the families who lost children and loved ones when one obviously mentally ill man chose to alleviate his pain by causing so much pain to others.  My heart also goes out to his family, we can never know the pain, fear or despair they went through while trying to parent and help this young man.  It's just all so incomprehensible to me, and everyday I think about what I would do if faced with that situation and that just leads no where.  The one thought I just can't get out of my mind, is all those parents who probably have all the Christmas gifts wrapped and ready to go for Christmas and now they've lost everything.  What do you do, how do you keep going?  I know it just makes me try and appreciate all that I have and how lucky I am and to make sure that they know how much I love them EVERYDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment